Saturday, July 10, 2010

FO: Charity Cowls

{Cowl'd and Frosting Morning by Kelly Herdrich}
The Knit Black and Gold Ravelry group I belong to is centered around Steeler football and knitting (obviously). During the off season we've had monthly knit-a-longs (KAL) for different projects. Hats, socks, pet stuff, etc. June was charity knitting. One of the members is collecting cold weather wear for the homeless and suggested we make items for that. I thought cowls would work perfectly for this. So I made two. Cowls may be my new favorite thing to knit.
{I love seed stitch}
This was knit from left over Lion Brand Jiffy in Indigo. It is knit on US 13 which made it go super quick! Started and finished in the same day. This cowl looks much better on Dirty. It is a little on the big side for me. His beard really sets it off.
{The Guy Next Door by Devin Fredrickson}
Poor color accuracy, but the stitch pattern shows much better in this photo. This is leftover Caron Simply Soft in Autumn from the Lacy Hat knit as a gift for one of our nieces. See, more knitting stuff I made and happily gave to others!
{Better color accuracy here}
I had to put on an a t-shirt for the photo shoot. I tried with the tank top I was wearing but it looked ridiculous. In case you were wondering:
t-shirt + cowl = roasting
The things we do for good photos. =]

1 comment:

Zonnah said...

I love quick projects :-) These are really cool.