Thursday, March 4, 2010

Snip.Sew.Send. February Houses

I'm still playing catch up with all my to do quilting bee blocks. First up was Kris's February Houses. She provided the sand colored solid and we used our scraps/stash for the rest. Making wonky little houses and trees makes me happy so I was looking forward to making these blocks.

I first made this purple house. I saw Kris likes purple and so do I. Every girl should live in a house painted her favorite color. A fat, little gray kitty is poking his head through the striped curtains. The curtain fabric is from a pair of capri pants I loved, but Dirty said looked like curtains. Now they are. This is the only one I could get to 12.5".

Next was this little wonky building. I imagine it as the local fabric shop. I hope it is bright and mellow enough. I am a little iffy on the mellow part of it.

It needs a little greenscape so there are two trees, too. The one on the left reminds me of a little kid's drawing. The right one is good for having a picnic under on a warm summer day.

They are late (again) but on the way to you, Kris! =]

3 comments:

Kris said...

The fabric store is perfect and I love that you made me a purple house! The kitty in the window is so cute!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

They are all adorable!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, the wonky building is my favorite. So cute!

Thanks for your kind comment at Stitched in Color. I'll be contacting you when the charity bee is up!