Monday, May 18, 2009

First Etsy Sale!

{I love Etsy and Etsy loves me!}
Last week I got my first sale in my Etsy store! She bought three items one of which was sold earlier that day at a local VW show along with Split Beetle bag. To honor the sale, I told her I would have to make another, and due to that I asked if she wanted to alter it at all. She requested everything stay the same, except she wanted a zipper.
{The good zipper because the "bad"zipper would have broken the camera}
Now, zippers and I haven't always gotten along. I have cursed out more than my fair share over the years. This one was no different. However, I do have to beg the zipper's forgiveness, it was mostly my fault. I thought I could just attach the zipper the the outer panels of the bag. Well, I could, I did and I cursed. To say it looked like a hot mess would be a grave understatement. Pure junk. Thankfully, I took a step back, got some rest (it was 2 am) and retried the next day.

{A few zzz's helped with the zipper}

Sleep has always been my friend. Ah, sweet sleep. The next morning I started again from scratch and it turned out pretty well, if I do say so. Adding a zipper panel on the top worked much better. The zipper falls in just a little so that it can't been seen from the side.

I ripped out the handles of the first attempt, added a longer strap to make it an over-the-shoulder sling. All that is left is to add a picture to the front and it will be up in the shop soon. I am thinking of doing a bus this time.

In other happy Etsy news, my guy's concrete rings gained a little buzz over the last few weeks. He's been included in several treasuries and on the home page of Etsy three times--twice in treasuries and once as a group that was "found searching etsy categories." I am super proud of him! Etsy rocks!

=]

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love your stuff--and those concrete rings are awesome. I've never seen those before. I would love to see how one looks on a hand. I have a love/hate (mostly hate) relationship with zippers, myself!

connie said...

Hi,

With your permission I'd like to add your blog to the blog page of my new quilting directory, Quilt Qua : http://www.quiltqua.com/links/blogs/ You can let me know if you'd like to be included. If you would like to be on the first alpha list, you simply need to let me know you've made mention, or placed a link on your site, back to Quilt Qua. I can send you a graphic if you'd like one for that purpose.

I try to check my lists, but if I've already contacted you, I'm sorry.

I look forward to hearing from you. Please note photos are always welcome on the Show and Tell page (right now there is a giveaway connected to the show and tell), and do let me know if I've missed your business to list on the web site!


--
Thank you,
Connie Colten
Quilt Qua
www.quiltqua.com
619-562-0867