Monday, January 26, 2009

HJS Week in Review

Sunday

Here we go, Steelers! Here we go! Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl!

http://www.bestsportsphotos.com/images/PF/sept05/04PolamaluTroy01.jpg

Oh, how I love the Steelers! Troy Polamalu is by far my favorite player of all time. He is a smart, quick, passionate athlete. Ben Roethlisberger, Fast Willie Parker, James Harrison, James Farrior, Larry Foote, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, the entire offensive and defensive lines...awesome game. I have three words for the Arizona Cardinals: Defense wins championships.

Monday
Super fun day. My computer at work wouldn't load Windows and the hard drive nearly had a complete meltdown. After being on the phone for 4 hours with Dell technical support, we got the computer operating. Then I spent 6 hours backing up all the files on my computer. My computer happens to be the main computer for the company and has TONS of important data on it. Lesson learned: Back up much more frequently so you don't have to stay at work until midnight holding off a heart attack for not backing up files.

One good bit, my parents stopped by my work on a whim and dropped off a box of fat quarters!
Tuesday
Inauguration Day! I listened to the inauguration ceremony on NPR. I was on the way to the airport to pick up my amazing aunt. She is a missionary and a teacher in Brazil. She was back in the states for about a year, but she is on her way back to Brazil. She is staying here for about 10 days before she flies off to summer weather. Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling well that day, so we are going to spend a day together later this week. YEA!

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
All these days, thankfully, were pretty normal days. Nothing too exciting. Nothing too traumatic. It was unseasonably cold here, several days in a row with hard freezes overnight. Due to this I was able to make some progress on the socks.
Saturday
The weather warmed up significantly, but we had to work all day. Usually we only have to work until 12:30 pm. This Saturday was followed up by an estimate for a prospective customer. There are several areas around our city that have been run down in the past, but are part of a resurgence lately. This customer has recently bought an old brick market building that was transformed into two "lofts". (I am using lofts because that is what the owner called them. To me lofts are in multi-story building. This is just one level, but it does have all the exposed brick and ducting inside the building.) Hopefully, we will get the contract to acid stain the concrete floors. It will be a great transformation and a wonderful addition to the portfolio.

Sunday
No football to watch today, but we still had Chicken Wing Sunday. The weather was nice again, so all the dogs got a bath. None of them really care to get a bath, so this is always interesting. Usually it takes twice as long to get them on the porch for the bath than it does to actually bath them. They are oh so pitiful...

My guy also replaced our worn out propane grill tubes with a really cool H burner. It took some modifications, but it heated up the grill nicely and helped make some delicious wings!

I also did some cleaning, blah. Jeffery T and I got to relax a bit and check up on some blog posts we have fallen behind in reading.
He must have had a pretty rough day holding down the bedspread... In my next life, I want to be a cat.

=]

No comments: