Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Quarters on Fat Tuesday

As I mentioned, I joined the Sew, Mama, Sew! Fat Quarter Swap. The ladies said that over 400 joined the swap, which is 1800 fat quarters being mailed in the next 7 days. Wow. I think swappers are single-handedly keeping the USPS operating. This weekend I picked out the fabrics from my stash, trimmed them down if necessary and packaged them up.

The first and third quarters are a tan/cream paisley I used to make place mat and napkin sets for a life-long friend. The second and fourth (which has tiny red dots that didn't show on the picture) are from Lily's EZ Camper Quilt.



I didn't make it to the post office yesterday, but I definitely will today. I really love putting together swap packages. I was so happy with them, I forgot to take a picture of what is in the packages. Making little note cards and address labels to match gives me warm fuzzies.



Winning stuff also gives me warm fuzzies. I was a lucky winner of the Blue Mix Fat Quarter pack from the Sew, Mama, Sew! blog! All I had to do was check out their fat quarter project of the day and leave a comment. I was going to do that anyway. These came late last week and really made my day. I don't know what to do with them yet, but I think I will incorporate some of them into Jaxson's baby quilt. I should really get started on that.

The fabrics are Ocean Garden Mist~Nouvea Moda, Briquetage~Alexander Henry, All Cotton~Alexander Henry, Darla~Tonya Whelan, Woodland Wonderland~Jay McCarroll (which has the cutest little pink ants roaming the wood rings) and Rose Ocean Mist~Nouvea. All of them are beautiful and soft. I can hardly wait to transform them into new stuff.


=]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a recipient of one of the tan paisley fat quarters, I say thank you. Its lovely fabric and will be easy to incorporate into a project soon. I was so excited to get fabric in the mail today!