Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sassy Apron Swap Goods

I've enjoyed taking part in the Sassy Apron Swap hosted by Lucy. The most recent swap had a winter/holiday/cookie themed that I really got into.
My partner was Jennifer who requested a winter apron so she could wear it all through the season. Excellent idea. Here was the apron I sent to her:

I tried to make the snow people look like cookies chilling out in a snowy field of confectioner's sugar. I appliqued the snow hill, snow people and carrot noses. The twig arms are just an embroidery stitch kind of freely waving. I used some black yarn knots for the eyes and called it even.

I thought about adding some buttons or scarves, but I was afraid that it would be too much for an apron. The apron is also one big pocket with light blue pocket lining and solid white backing.

For the added goodies, I gave Jennifer some mini cookie cutters and snowflake sprinkles. I typed up my favorite cookie recipe...Candy Cand Cookies from Betty Crocker's Cooky Book published in 1963.


Yesterday I received my apron from Cynthia. She also embraced the cookie theme by fashioning a cute half apron from a little gingerbread and candy cane print. She also hooked me up with sugar cookie mix, three cookie cutters, sparkle gel and a nice container to hold all the yummy cookies! Thanks, Cynthia!

=]


No comments: